Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Time Machine


Can it be possible for man to travel back in time? I've been asking myself this question a lot of times, every time I try to visualize myself having the capacity to travel back in time or into the future, countless possibilities of altering the past or presents pop into my mind.

If I could travel back in time, the first thing I would probably do is check all the winning lotto tickets and send it to myself. I would also buy a lot of stocks of from starting companies which would eventually be large corporation in the future and send it to myself . I will also send my self the records all the winning sports team and boxing matches in the next 10 years or so, hmmm reminds me of the movie back to the future.

Which brings me to the other side of time traveling, If I could somehow travel to the future then wouldn't time traveling be a common thing during that time. If everyone could travel in time and there will be no such thing as now or today since you will always have the power to go back and forth in time. Time would no longer exist since it would no longer move forward since you could always repeat the same event over and over again.

If everyone could travel back and forth in time, chances are we could create our own reality and change the future according to our own perception. We could totally erase someone from existence and alter the very course of history from our own point of view.

Another point worth pondering on is, what would happen if someone would go back in time and eliminate the person who invented the time machine, wouldn't that make that event impossible since he wouldn't have the means to travel back in time if the time machine wouldn't materialize.

What would happen to a person who travels back in time and accidentally kills his own ancestor. It seems to be impossible for that to happen, since the very process of eliminating your ancestor would have the effect of you never to have existed and which would also eventually prevent the very process of you accidentally killing your own ancestor.

On the other side of this argument, what if people from the future have already traveled back to the past and what we are experiencing now is the result of those people. The future in which those people live in is would still be unaffected since it is already the result of their action done in the past. No matter what the people from the future will do in the past it still would not affect them due to the fact that those events has already existed from the natural course of the series of events that has happened in their past. If this scenario were to happen, there is nothing the future could alter in the past and everything they would do was bound to happen in order for the to happen.

0 comments: